If you own a small business, then you have probably already begun to worry about insurance benefits for employees at your company. One of the best things that you can do for your employees is to look into group health insurance rates so that you can give them the best coverage possible while saving as much money as you can on your end. Here are a few important facts that you need to know about group health plans and the health benefit plans that are available to you and your business.
1. Did you know that 72 percent of small business owners are concerned about the cost per employee of health care plans? If you are among them, keep in mind that you are not alone and that there are many resources that you can use to find help if you need it.
2. In the majority of Canada, health care costs are paid through funding from income taxes. In spite of this, many choose to purchase additional coverage since the plans are often not all inclusive.
3. Canada has a publicly funded medicare system, with most services provided by the private sector though this medicare system does not cover all facets of the healthcare needs of many.
4. An astounding 75 percent of Canadians have some form of supplementary private health insurance in spite of the fact that the country offers universal health care. Many of these people have to opportunity to receive it through their employers as part of group health insurance rates.
5. For historical reasons, the CHAs definition of insured services is largely restricted to care delivered in hospitals or by physicians. Some of the reasons for this are related to legal definitions. For more, read this link: www.cehbp.com