American immigration laws are as confusing as they are many. If you need to find immigration attorneys or you need information on President Obama and immigration law, here are a few statistics that you need to know before you begin your more in depth research.
1. One of the least surprising fact about immigration is that about 51 percent of the foreign born citizens of the United States are women. The reasons that this is unsurprising is that this statistic is the same in quite a lot of countries in the world right now.
2. Did you know that more than 16 and a half million people are in the United States are a member of a family with at least one undocumented immigrant? American immigration laws can make gaining citizenship extremely difficult.
3. According to recent facts about illegal immigrants that have been compiled, more than 85 percent of undocumented immigrants have been living in the United States for seven years or longer.
4. Close to 50 percent of unauthorized immigrant households in the United States are composed of couples with children. However, if the children were born in the United States and did not immigrate with their parents, they are considered United States Citizens.
5. According to a recent study, four and a half million children children born in the United States in the year 2010 had at least one unauthorized immigrant parent.