If you have been driving regularly for at least a couple of years then chances are you have wondered, “what does a check engine light mean?” Well, one thing it means is that you should probably have your car taken into an auto repair shop for diagnostics checking. When the check engine light blinks, there is a good chance your vehicle is undergoing some emissions problems.
Even though auto body repair costs and auto body repair supplies can be far from cheap, taking your car into an auto mechanic is what to do when check engine light comes on. You will be thankful you got your car looked at, because neglecting to can result in further damage, and even fatalistic explosions.
There are many causes for this taunting glowing light. If you have had to ask, “what does a check engine light mean?” recently, some of the more common causes include…
1. A wet engine
2. A blown gasket head
3. Faulty oxygen sensors
4. Worn out spark plugs
5. Loose or cracked hoses
6. Sticky exhaust recirculation valves
7. Deteriorated fuel injector O rings
The list of answers to the question, “what does a check engine light mean?” is sprawling, but the seven above are the most likely scenarios. So, what does a check engine light mean for you? Well, you wont know until a mechanic looks under your hood.
If unfortunate circumstances have led you to wonder, “what does a check engine light mean?” I would like to be the first to say, I am sorry. It is never a fun process to take care of. But allow me to offer some fun car facts to take your mind off of it for a bit.
1. 65 traffic tickets are issued in the US every minute. We are a nation of fast food and faster drivers.
2. If one were to drive nonstop at 65 mph, it would take 157 days to arrive at the moon. I cannot wait until rocket ship cars are invented!
3. Most American car horns beep at the pitch of F. Try harmonizing with your car radio someday (preferably not in traffic).
4. The very first car radio was invented in 1929.
5. The first popular American car, even before the Model T came around, was the Curved Dash Oldsmobile. The vehicle purchased new was sold for the price of $650!
So then, what does a check engine light mean, really? Well, it means that you turn to a search engine for the answer and wind up learning a bunch of fascinating facts in the process!