When was your last trip to the dentist? Like plenty of other Americans, you might cringe when you hear that question. Dental visits typically conjure images of huge drills, sharp tools and the general discomfort of having someone shove his or her hands in your mouth.
But when you consider the advancements of modern dentistry, an hour in the reclining chair does not seem so bad. In fact, finding a cosmetic dentist to give you a better smile can be a very important step in your life. With that in mind, here are five dental facts to consider as you search for the best dentist in Oxnard California.
1. The modern toothbrush can trace its roots back to 1780, when an English prisoner invented his own. By gluing bunched boar bristles to a cattle bone, he created a useful tool for dental cleanliness that would become essential in the coming centuries. A good dentist in Oxnard California will have the plastic variety, though, so worry not.
2. A contemporary dental implant centre can help you replace any missing teeth lost due to accidents. In fact, statistically speaking, most tooth loss in people under age 35 occurs because of some kind of accident, fight or athletic injury. Of course, in the case of hockey, a fight and an athletic injury are one and the same. Any cosmetic dentist in Oxnard California has the tools necessary to replace your lost teeth.
3. Cosmetic dental work can also help replace teeth lost to infection from poor dental hygiene. As the data shows, people who drink more than three glasses of soda or other sugary drinks every day have about 62 percent more tooth decay than those who do not. The top cosmetic dentist in Oxnard California can give you a set of dental implants, but the easiest way to save your teeth is to quit covering them in sugar.
4. If you simply need a brighter smile, teeth-whitening procedures can take your chompers to the next level. Using the process of oxidation, a whitening dentist in Oxnard California will clean off the surface of your teeth to restore its natural shine. This oxidation process rids your teeth of dark stains caused by coffee consumption and cigarette use, among other things.
5. Though they have gotten a bad reputation culturally, root canals really are not all that bad. In fact, thanks to modern dental technology, a root canal is typically no more painful than getting a filling. The best dentist in Oxnard California has graceful hands and will make your experience comfortable.
So now, we have taken the fear out of dental visits. The only thing left to do is find a good dentist in Oxnard California and get your teeth checked out. The only thing you have to lose is your frown. See this link for more references.